Thursday, May 03, 2007

I write - XXXV

I turn on the TV
Only to find a slew of channels
Showing men - and women -
In various shades of ochre
The color of ascetics, I'm told
Intrigued by them
I decide to listen to one
Ten minutes later
I've only heard what I did
When I was all but three -
Don't do wrong
Don't lie
Don't envy
Don't steal
Don't hurt
Do love
Do forgive
Do pray
Do thank
Do believe...

And all this is supposed to set me free?

With that question,
My mind goes to a night
Not a week ago
When I heard a voice that said
"Know thyself
Love thee
Of this abundant beauty around us
Sing, dance,
Clap your hands in glee"

There's this inexplicable anticipation
That does excite
I've set out on the quest
And as my first step

I write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox