Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I write - L

Once upon a time
Long, really long ago
Life was good
I would laugh
And laugh really loud.
There was love
Love that made me feel proud
Of the person I was
Of the person I loved and knew.

Then came a fork in the road
A fork so sharp,
It was like a knife in my heart.
My love, one day,
Decided to take a different road
And quietly walk away.
My smile grew shorter –
It reached my eyes no more
I laughed lesser –
My heart felt terribly sore.

Today I laugh
Sometimes till I cry
But it’s just not the same
When I took the “right” road
The one less traveled,
I left my carefree laughter behind
On that road,
I left the spring in my step
I lost my will, I lost the fight.

Now I share, with another, no more,
It hurts all day
It hurts all night,
I just pour in all my passion,
All that I feel,
All that I think
I just turn to a blank piece of paper
And write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox