Saturday, May 31, 2008

Butterfly

Wrapped in my cocoon,
So tender, so soft;
Lost in my world -
Two rooms and a loft;

Suddenly I felt
An un-scratchable itch -
Someone was poking me,
Pushing me out of my niche.

I tried to save myself,
The invasion continued;
I started to move -
And suddenly became unglued!

As away from me,
My blanket was dragged
I cried, my heart died,
I hurt and unceasingly bled.

I struggled to shield
My eyes from a deep blue sky
Only to find
This urge to soar high...

An urge that's given me wings
And a whole new world to try...
Wings with which, among other things,
I'm on my way to being a beautiful butterfly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soul said...

lovely...heard it at the last community meeting and could not agree more with the emotions displayed:-)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox