Sunday, June 04, 2006

THIS is how I want to bring up my children. Give them full freedom to do what they please. But teach them to think about what's right and what's not. I wouldn't say "what's wrong" because what I perceive as wrong might be the thing that fits perfectly for someone else. I want to let my children play in the sand and come back all muddy and soaking wet, but then teach them to hit the bathroom straight and to mop up the mess they made walking in. I'm going to tell them to smoke and drink if they will...but only for the right reasons - and that i'd rather they tried it out with me and their father (Heavens, I hope the man I get married to will understand my thought process and go along with it!) before they try it out with their friends. Hopefully my children will not be the kinds that brag, but the kinds that fly the skies yet keep their feet firmly grounded in the earth. I'm obviously going to give them good education, but i'll tell them that it doesn't matter that they haven't got a cent percent grade, what matters is that they're intelligent people who understand the reasons and logic behind why things happen or don't the certain way that they do or don't. I'm going to let them eat what they want to, as long as they can learn to balance it with what's good for them...read all greens :D

What brought on this thought? When I saw a mother hopelessly fail at managing her kids this morning at brunch. God there's so many different thoughts today and i'm going to put them all here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox