Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Dream That Lives

I could taste the salt in my mouth. I could feel skin on skin. The sparkle in the eye, I could see. The pulsing heart beneath the sheath of skin and ribs, I could imagine. I wanted to brush away that wispy lock that fell gently on the forehead. I kept looking for a second - that kept stretching into eternity - wishing to capture this moment in the depths of a hidden corner of my heart, so that when it beat really loud in my ears, the memory of now would come up in front of my eyes. I knew it would make me blush. Every Single Time. And Want. More.

When my eyes locked with another pair, I could see an intensity which was parallel to mine, only to meet in a shower of sparks. There was no need for words to shape what we felt. We lifted our right hands at the same time and a gasp escaped as the tips of our fingers touched. Which one of us gasped, I do not know. I only know we both felt the same jolt...

...that made me bolt out of my sleep.

My heart is still crashing against its confines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox