Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You Walk Away

You look so good when you smile
I wish I could keep your smile with me
Your eyes light up when we're together
Alas, that cannot be.

Everything seems so bleak
The world seems gray
When you go away
Everywhere it's you that I seek.

I need you, I want you
But you choose to walk away
I nurse my woes, I cajole my heart
Into being strong, day by passing day.

For I know one day shall come
With a tempest in its wake
You'll come back to drown my strength
And pass through me another stake.

Will I allow it?
In all honesty I cannot say
For this moment, I stand unflinching, unmoved, tall
As you, without a backward glance...

Walk away, walk away...



8ii2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox