Monday, March 12, 2007

All For Your Smile

Can't keep up with being the good girl
Every day, every minute, every hour.
can't keep up with being meek and mild.
I'm a lioness, can't pretend to be a doe.
And yet, every time the claws start to bare
And the fangs begin to show,
There's a tiny voice that says,
"Hey, go slow.
You're here in the now,
But what about tomorrow?
Don't you know, it takes a split second to go?"

And so I back off,
I bring a smile to my face
Hope it reaches my heart
And that the bitterness it will erase.

Is it an effort? Hell, yes it is.
But the smile on your face
- yes, the one that reaches your eyes
Puts everything in place.

And so, I smile and be the doe i'm not.
All for your smile - all the while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox