Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Our eyes met...

It was early morning when the roads were almost empty. I was driving – nay, almost flying – with a gentle smile on my face. It wasn’t everyday that I got a road so empty, so smooth. Up came my regular turn, I turned the steering wheel with a small flick of my wrist. Empty road again…and oh! There’s another car a little up in the distance. Never mind…I’m sure we’ll manage….

I reached right behind this little red car when…

Our eyes met. Naughty, twinkling eyes. Something came over me. I smiled at him. He got a bit confused. I smile back. He peered into the glass, then left, then right. “Is she smiling at me?” I’m sure that must’ve been on his mind. He didn’t smile back. I waved at him, a little shyly, but a wave, nevertheless. He didn’t wave back. I understood. I couldn’t see who it was, but there was someone with him. I sighed to myself, and peeled my eyes away.

But wait…out of the corner of my eye, I saw him throw his head back and laugh. What a lovely smile! He raised his hands and made animal shapes with them, his cute smile in place. He made funny faces and had his co-traveler double up. I knew he was performing for me. Men will perform for women. He stole a glance at me, I smiled back, he immediately averted his eyes and went back to his antics.

What a wonderful way to start a morning. I wanted to keep this vivid image in my mind.

I overtook his car and sped away.









Like I said – men will perform for women. And vice-versa. No matter what the age. No matter what the age difference. I am 31. He must have been 5.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny....
A welcome change that it is not dark like the usual stuff

2:53 PM  
Blogger ShaluBhuchar said...

Dark is as dark feels. It was a light moment in the day. caught my fancy, so I wrote.

You still reading the stuff I write?

I'm surprised!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I still read....like I read the poem you wrote for me ha ha ...no careful dont fall of the chair

9:35 PM  
Blogger ShaluBhuchar said...

I wrote for you?

Hm...I wonder which one you think I did.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one in which you confess your undying love for me and how u miss me....go figure

1:36 PM  
Blogger ShaluBhuchar said...

You're talking about the one which says "I'd smile a lot more if you were here".

That's for my cousin who passed away.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox