Monday, October 23, 2006

Woman...Me...II

This is the sequel - if you will - to my jottings 'Woman...Me...'..It came about after a septagenarian nudged me into thinking of how I would be post 70. My attempt...

Wisdom lined lips
That yet curve into an impish smile
Speaking volumes of
A romance well- and long- lived.

Kohl lined eyes
Deep pools of knowledge
Now restrained by prescription glasses
Twinkling still with mischief.

Leathery hands
That once held a champagne flute tenderly
As if making love to it
Now hold a cane just as elegantly .

Weathered feet
That not so long ago
Danced a stilletoed step
Find their way slowly, yet surely.

She stands hunched over
Yet her spirit stands straight, proud, tall

Who is this, we wonder
An epitome of strength, even at 75, this woman...

Every woman...
And definitely, I cross my fingers,
At 75,
Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox