Saturday, October 07, 2006

Murder of Trust

He stood there waiting
For the doctor to come
And tell him it was all
Going to be fine

The doctor didn't come
He looked at the time
It was, alarmingly,
A quarter to nine

He wrung his hands
in hopeless despair
The doctor had said
He would assuredly be there

The doctor, meanwhile
Was doing his rounds
In the rooms of people
Who were wealthy beyond bounds

This was a doctor
Who I thought had cared
For the unwealthy
And saw to it that well they fared

It's all about the money
With a heavy heart I understood
And if he had a choice between some life and money
Choose the money he would

At this murder of trust
My faith was stunned
And now when I'm asked to believe
I stand totally disillusioned

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why have I never got to see this side of you when we've met? I love how you write, how you express yourself and the tonge-in-cheek naughtiness (THAT i have experienced)

I feel drawn to this intellectual you... Will call...

Hope you have been well babes! Hugs!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

The poem flows smoothly, has a rhythm, and best tells a story. It's not easy writing stories in verses. But at places you forced end-rhymes. Try constructing sentences in a manner where end-rhymes fall naturally at their places. It would read better then. :-)

Thanks

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox