Thursday, July 06, 2006

Jobless and all that

I've quit my job - without another one in hand. And I'm scared. I won't say it's exhilirating. I won't say it's liberating. All I felt was ...lighter...if that makes sense.

I'm scared. Coz if you know me, you know my bills :D. You know that I don't take money from my parents to pay my bills. So I'm scared about how I'm going to pay those.

It's not exhilirating. I've always been a workaholic. I always will be. Primarily coz I love what I do. And to think of even a week without work. It's NOT exhilirating.

It's not liberating. When you've been used to working 12 hours a day, the prospect of nothing to do - nothing that challenges your mind - is horrifying.

Why did I feel lighter? Because I felt I was - my potential - was being abused, misused and underused. Because I was unhappy where I was.

Right now - I'm just very scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox