Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Life

I'm 30 and pretty, I quit my job today, I don't believe in "boyfriends", I'm not a lesbian and tonight I went for a karaoke gig in a popular club here.

When I walked in, this normally no-room-tostand-even-lesser-to-breathe place was empty! Bar the farthest corner of the joint. For a minute I wondered if i should go back and then I thought, "what the heck" and stayed.

And am I glad I did! For about two and a half hours, I had a blast. Ok, so some were songs i hadn't ever heard and some were mutilated, raped and killed by the singer, but overall the evening was fun.

The question now, my friends, is did I sing? What do you think?

Of course I did! Why do you think I started this blog entry the way I did? People, especially women, life begins at 30, there's nothing more liberating than telling the people you work with that you have better things to do with your time and life - without a man - and then you go right ahead and do those things!!!

So, I sang. And I sang "that thing you do", I don't remember by who. All I know is I loved it. Doesn't matter how well you sing or otherwise. A karaoke night reminds you of the star inside you. So, I'll never be Lata Mangeshkar or even Madonna, but after tonight I know, I can pull off a that thing you do and have complete strangers pump my hand, telling me I was good!

:)

For the sceptics who're saying it mus've been the short skirt that did the trick, the "you sang well" came from a woman (Refer line1 again - I'm curvy, but I'm straight.) and the (pumped hand) you were good came from a man!

Anyone game for another karaoke night?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahfuuz said...

Yes. You did well to hold on to your notes at TC. I am a witness.
:-)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox