Thursday, July 20, 2006

These are some couplets I wrote in Urdu...

guroor kar baithe they ham
apni taqat-e-ishq par
sab bikhar gaya jab
nazrana-e-shikast diya mehboob ne!

abr ke sadr se paani nikla
to garaj garaj kar bola
hairaan hain ham dil ke tukre hazar huey
aur unki uff tak na nikli
[from the heart of a cloud, when it poured, it roared. I'm amazed, his heart broke into a million pieces, yet I heard nary a whisper....]

yeh faroz mere dil-e-noor ka
chandni se kahiye shikast maan le!
[The briliance of the light of my heart, Ask the moonlight to concede defeat!]

ik sada nikli is dil se
mere tukre na kariye
munh mora unhone
aur goli daag kar chal diye
[My heart begged of him - don't break me, he turned his face, shot at my heart and walked away]

had hui beyrehami ki
in ashkon ka voh jaam bana kar pi gaye!
[The height of cruelty, My heart cried and he drank the tears like he would a drink]

siql na bane mohabbat hamari
bahut koshish ki hamnein
aankhon ke sailaab par, afsos,
koi zor nahi hamara
[A mockery should my love not become, I tried really hard...Alas, I have no control over these torrential tears of mine]

is ishq ka soz hai
suraj se bhi tapta hua
aamad o raft me the hum yun mashgool
janaza-e-mohabbat ke hum khud hi haamil ban baithe!
[so engrossed was I in communicating with my beloved, i became the bearer of my own demise]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox