Monday, July 10, 2006

Mourn, world, mourn. France Lost :(

Unbelievable. I sat there, with my hands on my head. There was a split second of stunned silence in the restaurant where I sat with my friends watching the World Cup finals, before all hell broke loose, what with Italy's fans and supporters going completely berserk - some of them people in my own group. Yet, I sat there, quiet. Unbelieving.

For someone who's indifferent to sports, I picked up the basics of the game - and a love for it - pretty fast. And all my favorite teams lost. In quick succession. Argentina, Brasil, France. I couldn't believe it when that dumb referee gave Zidane a red card. Clearly ZZ had been provoked into doing the head-butt. Else, he'd kept his cool throughout. But obviously the @#$%^&* referee didn't listen to it.

And when ZZ walked off the field, all us France supporters fell silent. I guess we all knew what was in the offing.

Unfortunately, this was not a case of the best man OR the best team winning.

Not in my inexperienced eyes, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Color Picker With VMN Toolbox